I Need You to Step Up Right Now

I'm sure you were thinking the next post you would read would entail all the wonderful happenings of Summit9, and folks, it's coming. But, we have more important matters to talk about right now. Urgent matters that cannot be ignored.

It came to my attention that, while I was away, a family I am connected with has hit a crisis point. The Wiederholt clan consists of a mom and a dad and four adorable little boys, one of which was adopted from Ethiopia. Jess stays home and schools all four balls of energy, a feat of which I am envious, for that is a path I am terrified to walk.

This wonderful family has been led to once again open their hearts, not to one more child, but to two. God has this amazing way of getting our hearts to expand to hold more love than we ever thought possible, and this is just one example of that at work.

It's here that we find ourselves sitting in the midst of a crisis point. These two sweet babies are a sibling set in Uganda, both HIV positive. While the older sister is doing well, the younger brother is not responding to the medication available in country. His health is failing and Jess and her husband need to get to these children fast. Now.

Maybe in the past you've donated to a telethon; maybe you currently support a cause you feel passionate about. Often when I take part in these efforts, I am happy to hand over my money, but it is a very impersonal transaction. I never get to really follow the line of where it goes once it leaves my hands. But, people, you have a chance to follow this cry for help to the very end. Jess and her family have a blog that you can follow as she brings these two home. They are real people, living very real lives, and you've been given an invitation to come along for the journey.

By reading this, God is opening your eyes to the call of an orphan in need, and you are getting the chance to respond. I fervently pray that your answer will be yes, that you will step out in faith and give so that two more lives can find their way to family.

This is the link to Jess's blog with the whole story, and you can donate to her adoption expenses while on her page. Simply click on over to her page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the Home Study Begin!

Summit 9 (or My Derby Week Plans)

After the Midnight Hour