Dear Anonymous, Thank You

Before I get to the heart of this post, I just wanted to note I wasn't expecting to write today. There may be some disorderly thoughts and rambling, but when GOD shows up in a big way, you just have to stop everything and give Him the praise He deserves.

To bring you up to date, I did two things last week, I wrote the preceding blog post and then I leaped out into the faith-filled unknown. Again. I'm going back to Haiti. I'm fairly sure I've lost my mind, but I hope I've exchanged it for the one where God's in control and I'm just walking where He leads. I wrote the deposit check out knowing full well our dossier payment is coming up, but after Mike and I talked, we decided I need to step back out onto the mission field. It's where God wants me. And, so that's where I'll go.

Last night I talked with a lovely young woman who said in regards to adoption, "I just don't know where we'd get the money." To which I replied with a laugh, "You never know. We're all just doing it knowing God will provide."

Then later that evening while I was out walking with another group of ladies, I shared that another piece of needed paperwork for our dossier had come in the mail that afternoon. This just had to stop. Things were just clicking right into place, and one thing after another has been showing up ready to be sent on to my agency. I'm pretty sure I raised my hands to the sky and said, "If we're going to have the money to send to the adoption agency, God's going to have to start making it rain dollar bills and quarters."

God's got a fabulous sense of humor.

I received a text this morning that someone had left an envelope for Mike and I at the church. I had to go pick up my daughter from her kid's fun day there, so I accepted the envelope and proceeded to stuff it in the little cubby of my van door. Driving towards my house, I listened to the animated chatter of three kids who were soaking wet and smelling like shaving cream. I knew the envelope needed to wait till I got home, but at a stop light I couldn't resist looking inside.

By now you may have guessed, there was some money inside. Not a little money. Enough money that this dossier payment has just come sharply into focus. Enough that I haven't stopped crying on and off since it was given to me. Enough that I immediately woke my third-shift working husband up from sleep and shared it with him.

My chest hurts, I'm so overwhelmed by God right now, I can hardly think straight.

How did I get to this place? 

Who am I that you would love me so much to pour out such a generous blessing? That you would allow me to be vessel to shine a light on You? Why me?

Seeing as this donation is anonymous, I'm resorting to this blog post in hopes that whoever so kindly gave us the donation will read these words:

Dear Anonymous,

I don't know who you are, but I sure do hope someone gives you a hug today. You are amazing. Thank you for your generosity. Thank you for your sacrificial giving. Thank you for your obedience. 

If you sit in church with me on a Sunday morning, then you know Pastor James is always saying our job as Christians is to make GOD look big. You've certainly done that, and I needed it. I needed to be reminded that He is so much greater than these unknowns. That when I speak out loud to those around me that He is in control of this and I can place my trust in Him, that it is not just empty words. It is truth. 

In this spiritual battlefield I'm standing on, I've taken a few hits for stepping out in faith. Satan has tried to make a mockery of placing my trust in God, and he has done his best to discourage me. But you, my fellow brother or sister in Christ, have stood beside me and said, "This little girl is a gift from God. He has created her for a family and together, we will make sure she gets home." Thank you for joining me in this fight. 

I hope and pray that God blesses you abundantly. 
Christy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the Home Study Begin!

Summit 9 (or My Derby Week Plans)

After the Midnight Hour