With Just Days Left

I began this morning by making this a Facebook message, but after the list of recipients continued to grow and grow, I threw in the towel and just decided to make this a blog post. If someone in another part of the world happens upon this post, that's just fine. My only hope is that they would join in praying for this trip as well. I figure no one ever puts a limit on the number of prayers said on their behalf. That'd be just silly.

We are just three days from leaving for our trip to Kenya. I have not completely lost my sanity yet, but I have been busy trying to remember all the things, great and small. Will I forget something? Most likely, but it won't be because I didn't make a to-do list which I have added to, checked off, and looked at more than once a day. My bedroom floor is littered with luggage, back packs, and carry-ons in various states of packing. This time around I have to pack for everyone. While my husband and I are going across the globe, our kiddos are going across town. It's a bit overwhelming to try and get it all together.

That being said, I am excited! This trip seemed so far out long ago when we were just talking about it. Now it seems to be running towards us at incredible speed. I had a dream last night that no matter how hard I tried to take a picture, the camera just wouldn't work. I changed settings, I made one attempt after another, but the little screen remained black. Needless to say, this is my brain working overtime in regards to this trip. All will be well, even if the camera fails and I am left with drawing stick figure pictures of what I did on my journey. I can rock a stick man like nobody's business. We're good on the documentary front.

I have been in frequent correspondence with Susan, my contact in Kenya. Her emails have been so encouraging and have given me such a sense of peace about this trip. In preparing for our arrival, she writes, "I have had some really good meetings this week and with every one I am more encouraged and convinced that God has planned this trip at exactly the right time!"

Once again, I was reminded this week of a passage of scripture I have looked to since God has placed this call to reach out to orphans on my heart. Moses was looking for guidance as he lead God's people through the wilderness,

"And he said, 'My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.' And he said to him, 'If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here." Exodus 33:15-16 ESV

I've always felt Moses' words, though hard as it may be not to move at times, are so fitting. If God isn't going with me, I'll just stay put.  When it comes to this trip, things have just unfolded, piece by piece, and so I'm going to keep walking forward resting in the assurance of God's presence as we head towards Kenya.

But, I would still ask that you pray:

  • That we would be able to leave any worries behind and focus on what God has for us to do, living each day not looking forward to the next thing, but living and taking in each moment
  • For our health and the health of the family members that we leave state-side
  • For travel safety as we fly overseas and as we move about the countryside of Kenya
  • For relationships to be formed with the people
  • For our hearts to be able to love on the people and the children, to be able to see them as God does
  • For wisdom in each endeavor as we try to discern what God has planned for us and our church in future involvement with the people of Africa
  • For peace in our families while we're gone (This is the first time my husband and I have been away for this long together since 2000, and I'm leaving a little girl behind who is a little nervous about mommy and daddy both being gone)
  • For those who will be looking after our kiddos, they are a HUGE blessing to us!
  • For us to reflect our great God in all we say and do. May His glory shine brightly!
I will try and update while I am away, but I realize that may not work out. So, give me grace if you don't hear from us, and know that I'll be sure and post upon our return.

Blessings, friends! Thank you for joining us in prayer and lifting us up. Your prayers are precious and so appreciated.



Comments

  1. I'm so excited to hear and see what God has in store for you on this trip!!!! Much love and MANY prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let the Home Study Begin!

Summit 9 (or My Derby Week Plans)

After the Midnight Hour